Twitter RSS Feed

REVIEW: SEBASTIAN TRUCCO VELVET ICE EYE SHADOWS


I purchased these Trucco Velvet Ice Eye Shadows for 49 cents each last year and I've only come around in using them more often now that spring is here. I recently found out that they are discontinued along with the entire Trucco cosmetic line (so this review might be pointless unless you shop at eBay or Amazon). 


The colours I bought are in Lollipop, Ruby Slipper, Polka Dot Bikini, Orange Crush and Baby Blues which I think are kind of cute. Believe it or not, they aren't shimmery, only glittery. They're mostly matte with pieces of glitter and they don't have the sheen that typical shimmery products do. It's advisable to use a good base and primer just because of the glitter...




The colours are pigmented enough but not to my liking because the application of this product is annoying since you do have to build it up to get the full vibrancy of each colour. Due to the chalkiness, they are not that easy to blend. However, their staying power is decent.

  
What bothers me about these eye shadows are the fallout and the chalkiness. The glitter is fairly annoying because they get in your eye while applying them on. Also, the darker shades stained my lids.


Overall, I do think the colours are pretty. If you're patient enough to deal with the glitter and application, they could do very pretty looks. As I've already mentioned, it's a very good idea to get a good quality base to keep these intact. 


Rating: 2/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment